There are a number of methods. I will show you the easiest way using a web browser.
- First, open your browser in incognito mode.
- Type the website address in the address bar and press Enter.
- Open the inspect tool with the right click of a mouse.
- Choose the “Application” tab in the inspector tool. It might be hidden under the “»” icon.
- Go to Storage -> Cookies -> your target website.com
- You will see a list of cookies.
Examples of cookies that can break GDPR:
- If you see the cookie name “_ga” - it is a Google Analytics pixel.
- If you see the cookie name “_fbp” it is a Facebook advertising pixel.
- If you see the cookie name “_mkto_trk” it is a Marketo service pixel.
All these 3rd party services and many others should be called only after the user gives his explicit consent.
Privacybunker provides a service to check your website for GDPR violations withour any extra effort. It is safe and non intrusive tool.
You can easily check your websites for GDPR violations now.
You have 40 minutes to sign up for free!
No credit card is required.
Get a full GDPR compliance report for your website.
- No credit card is required. View report example.
- No need to modify the website or install anything.
- It is safe and non intrusive check.